Endorsement from Howard L. Nations of the Nations Law Firm:
Howard L. Nations of the Nations Law Firm is a national firm which specializes in complex litigation and catastrophic injuries. Howard is an inductee of the Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame and a nationally recognized author. Howard Nations and Sonia Rash have worked on complex litigation cases and Howard is honored to endorse Sonia Rash as next Fort Bend County Attorney.
Endorsement from Stafford City Mayor Leonard Scarcella:
Mayor Leonard Scarcella was first elected as Mayor of the City of Stafford in 1969. He is one of the longest, continuous serving mayor in the U.S. For 49 years, he has led this City on one of the most successful and storied journeys of any city in Texas.
Endorsement from Attorney Ben Hall:
Benjamin Lewis Hall, III of The Hall Law Firm is a Texas Super Layer and a recipient of the NAACP Mickey Leland Humanitarian Award. The Hall Law Firm handles complex commercial and contract cases, as well as personal injury claims. Sonia Rash was an associate for the Hall Law Firm for many years before she opened up her practice. She worked on civil rights suits, contract cases and complex construction and commercial litigation. Benjamin Lewis Hall, III and The Hall Law Firm has endorsed Sonia Rash for Fort Bend County Attorney, because she is dedicated, committed and passionate about the people she works for.
Endorsement from Jason C. Webster of the Webster Law Firm:
Jason Webster is a long time resident of Fort Bend County. Jason has been recognized as one of the 10 Best Personal Injury Lawyer’s in Texas by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. Jason Webster and Sonia Rash have worked on cases together to ensure that clients receive justice and equality in their cases. Jason has endorsed Sonia Rash for Fort Bend County Attorney.
Endorsement from Nabila Mansoor:
Nabila Mansoor has spent the last several years working to improve political awareness in underrepresented communities. She is currently leading ECI’s (Empowering Communities Initiative) 2020 Census initiative to ensure a full count of Houston’s AAPI population. She is the prior Executive Director at Emgage, a civic engagement organization committed to politically engaging Houston’s Muslim, Arab and South Asian communities. Nabila helps lead the Houston Chapter of the Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom, a women’s group working to build bridges and fight hate through a sisterhood of Muslim and Jewish women. She also sits on the Board of Women’s Interfaith Table of Houston, an interfaith group formed to foster understanding and relationships among women of diverse faith backgrounds. She holds a law degree from University of Houston Law Center.
Endorsement from Texas State Representative Gina Calanni:
On November 6, 2018, Calanni unseated Republican incumbent Mike Schofield. She is the first woman to represent House District 132. During her campaign and tenure as a Texas state representative, she made public school funding, teacher pay, and property tax reform her main priorities. During the 86th Legislative Session, Calanni authored a bill to limit severance packages of school superintendents that resign to one year’s salary. An advocate for access to healthcare, Calanni supported an amendment to Senate Bill 22, and shared personal testimony of having cervical cancer, that would have been identified earlier if she had been able to afford the doctor visit. Calanni passed eleven bills during the 86th Legislative Session. She has endorsed Sonia Rash to be the next Fort Bend County Attorney.
Sonia has been endorsed by the following community leaders and organizations:
- Stafford Mayor Leonard Scarcella
- Texas House Representative Gina Callani
- Attorney Ben Hall, III former mayoral candidate and prior NAACP president
- Claud Foster, former NAACP Region 6 Director and District K Staff Member
- Carl David Evens, President of Fort Bend Houston Super Neighborhood Council-41
- Nabila Mansoor, former candidate of Sugar Land City Council and Executive Director of Emgage. Currently leading Census Director of Empowering Communities Initiatives 2020 Census
- Dr. Mubashir Choudhry, President and CEO at Universal Surgical Partners, Inc. and President and Founder of Patient Benefit Foundation
- Richard Reyes, former President of Greater Houston LULAC, Mayors gang task force, President of Multi-Cultural Arts Committee, and currently Director of MECA at the TBH Center.
- Howard Nations, inductee of the Trial Lawyers Hall of Fame and a nationally recognized author
- Texas Coalition of Black Democrats of Fort Bend
- Fort Bend United